Sunday 13 February 2011

Ladies and gentlemen - Chevy Blazer

We've just had our hire car delivered and it's HUGE. After hours of staring at different options online, we ended up going for a Chevy Blazer because it sounds cool - and when your knowledge of vee-hee-carls is as limited as ours, you might as well make your
decision based on the name. We've had a quick look around it and it's a bit battered and a bit cheap looking - but it's shiny and black and mean and it's got a 4L engine. Grrr.


I've only had it 5 minutes and it's already opened my eyes to a whole new world of Qatar crazy. Did you know they bring you the car? The rental company. They bring it. To you. The car. They pull up at your home, they fill out all the paperwork with you in the passenger seat, then they make their own way back to the office. It doesn't cost any extra - that's just the way it is. I nearly fell off my chair which, considering the Blazer is about 3 metres off the ground, is lucky I didn't.

And then when you pull up at the hotel the valet takes it and parks it. You leave the key in the ignition, the engine running, and they give you a receipt and off they go. Not only do I get to drive a huge hunk of baddass gas guzzler, but I don't even have to park it's huge badd ass in any tight spaces. Making this the only place I can ever realistically drive a car of this size.

No comments:

Post a Comment