Saturday 21 May 2011

QUICK! I've got internet access

Well, I seem to have a bit of internet access for the first time in ages, so i'm going to take this opportunity to write a few words. Seeing as i've just stepped off an overnight flight from the UK, I can't guarantee that my words will make much sense.

I've just spent a glorious week in London, testing
the theory that I couldn't be any more exhausted than I was when I left Doha. Turns out I was wrong, I could be a lot more exhausted. A week of racing around seeing everyone you know can knock the stuffing out of you (although it was worth it). And now after a sleepless night on a plane, i'm moving house. Today is moving day.

As always in Doha, things do not run smoothly. The rent cheque I wrote before I left for the UK was rejected by the bank because my signature looked dodgy. I was obviously outraged - who even checks signatures anymore? What is this? The nineties? I insisted there was nothing wrong with my signature, until I just went to the office to take a look. I have to admit it's not quite right. In fact, it's nothing like my signature. Weird.    

So i've had to take the cash out to pay them instead, along with the cash deposit for my new flat. I currently have 17,929 QAR (£3,000) in used notes in my pocket, which is concerning, particularly as i'm practically delirious with exhaustion. In fact, I hope i'm not imaging the money...

No comments:

Post a Comment