Saturday 29 October 2011

I'm pregnant! I'm unemployed! I'm moving to Abu Dhabi!

I've not blogged for months because for months i've only had four things to say:
  • I feel sick
  • I hate my job
  • It's too hot
  • Qatar's rubbish
And as my Mother says, if you've nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

But now i do have some nice things to say:
  • I'm pregnant! 
  • I'm unemployed!
  • The weather's a bit cooler!
  • I'm moving to Abu Dhabi!

So the nature of this blog is likely to change yet again: first wedding blog, then new job in Qatar blog, and now expat wife blog. That's right - now i'll no longer be working, i'm going to seek out the life of a proper
expat wife, it's going to be non stop yoga, coffee mornings and hanging by the pool while my husband slogs it out at work. Hurrah!

At least that's how it's going to be until the end of Feb, when i'm planning to pop out a teeny tiny Mumford baby. At that stage it's probably going to turn into the ravings of a sleep deprived, hormonal wreck.

To bring you up to date as swiftly as possible. Over the last few months i have discovered that, though undoubtedly a miracle, the first three months of pregnancy is basically a long hard slog of feeling like shit. Morning sickness in 48 degree heat is extremely unpleasant and should be avoided. But now the weather has cooled a little, the sickness has gone and the little mite is doing daily acrobatic displays - i'm rather enjoying it - and getting extremely excited to boot. Although five months pregnant, i don't have much of a bump to show for it. Well, I DO have a bump, but it's evenly spread around my bum, hips, tummy, thighs...it's basically an all over bump - i'm one big bump. A lady at yoga today said it's better to put on weight all over because it's easier to lose afterwards. I wanted to kiss her.

My job is almost at an end - only five days left. Although i will miss my lovely team, when i walk out of that portacabin on Thursday, I will not look back.  The role did not turn out to be quite what i had hoped for, but best not to dwell I think. N has a new job starting in Abu Dhabi in a couple of weeks, so we're looking forward to moving. I think we've seen everything Qatar has to offer.  

So there we are. We've had our ups and we've had our downs - but now it's time to start a new chapter. And the next phase of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment