Wednesday 29 December 2010

A big dress mess

Oh man – now I have four wedding dresses. I bought another three today in a Monsoon sales frenzy. I then tried to buy a £138 veil (non refundable) from House of Fraser, but the sales woman pointed out it didn’t go with any of the dresses I’d bought so far. I didn’t care, but she put her foot down – I think she’s learnt to spot the signs of wedding madness.

I’m minded to return all the dresses and just buy the veil – it was huge and extravagant – and a little bit 80’s power ballad. You’d have to wear it with a rock t-shirt, denim mini and white stilettos – think Aerosmith music video.

Or I could just have multiple costume changes and wear them all, like Eva Longoria Parker at an awards ceremony.

I also bought some smart tops to take to Qatar - not as easy as you’d think. It’s not until you’re tasked with buying conservative clothing that you realise what a bunch of hussies we Brits are. It was almost impossible finding a clothe that didn’t leave my boobs hanging out.

Ended the night watching a brilliant band called Joe Gideon and the Shark at the Lexington. They’re amazing, and the drummer has some seriously hot moves. N and I will sorely miss the London music scene when we’re in Qatar. Much drunken talk of setting up a Doha music festival ensued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment