Tuesday 28 December 2010

Frock shock

I have spent today ruling out places I might have bought my wedding dress from. Which is useful.

I had such high hopes for Vivienne Westwood, I felt sure she’d have something fabulous for me to wear – but all her stuff made me look like a bag lady going to a job interview. 

The lovely shop assistant in John Rocha looked panic stricken when I said I wear a size 14, before handing me a pile of size 10, sheer, skin tight body stockings with huge pink pierrot ruffles. We both knew it wasn’t going anywhere, but I tried them on out of politeness.

What I really want to wear is this skirt from Delphine Manivet:

Imagery Copyright (c) 2010Delphine Manivet  


but they were closed, which was probably just as well as I don’t think I can afford it anyway.

If all else fails, I’ve bought a £30 back up dress from John Lewis. It won’t go very well with my squaw headdress, but it’ll do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment