Tuesday 7 June 2011

Annoying.

Arrgghhh - this place can be challenging. Petty annoyances drive me to distraction. N and I can't pay half the rent each, because the landlords accountants will find it "too confusing". This after I'd already written out 12 post dated cheques (the Qatar way of doing things). Now I
don't have enough cheques left to write another 12 out for the full amount, so I have to go back to the bank to order another one. Do you know how hellish my bank is? I'd only just recovered from my last experience dealing with them. The landlord suggests I set up a standing order - I tried that, my bank won't let me. This is the bank, after all, that told me I could have a credit card for 15,000 QAR....if I put down a 22,000 QAR deposit.

On a happier note, I'm now fully connected to the inter web, I have a TV that shows all sorts of foreign channels I don't understand, and I've nearly finished the Madmen DVD, so I'll have my life back soon. And now I'm off out for dinner, because N has noticed at the W hotel you can get a pasta dish for a tenner. Bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment