Wednesday 8 June 2011

On the plus side

Don't worry, it's not all bad.

This post is designed to counteract the last one, which suggested things were bleak, when in fact, I just have to get a new cheque book.

On a more positive note, I am now the proud owner of a water cooler. Do you know anyone else with a water cooler? I bet you don't, catapulting me to the top twenty
of your list of most interesting friends - I imagine.

I bought my water cooler. It was delivered. And every week they deliver those big water bottles to my flat. It's remarkable. It's also very useful, now that the cold tap in our apartment permanently runs hot. A good friend of ours in the uk apparently cleans his teeth in hot water. I always thought that was a grim thing to do, and now I have to do it myself, I can confirm it is.

The heat is definitely making it's presence felt now. When I left work at 4.30 today it was 47 degrees. When I arrived at my car, parked 50 metres from my office, I realised I'd left something behind, I'm afraid to say I DROVE to the door of my office rather than walk. And it's not the first time. Ive basically become a local.

No comments:

Post a Comment