Friday 22 April 2011

Beach Tower

Next month I will be moving into Beach Tower. Here it is:


You can see more pictures here.

We're getting this one on a long term lease, plus it's only semi furnished, so i'm going to have to fit out the whole place from scratch: crockery,
cutlery, pots, pans, kitchen utensils, duvets, duvet covers, dust pan and brush, wardrobe....the list goes on.

I love a project, particularly ones that involve lists, and this one has got me in a frenzy. It's a lot of responsibility, kitting out an entire flat from a blank canvas, having to decide schemes, styles, themes, getting stuff that's nice enough to live with for a couple of years, but that's not too expensive to just give up if we have to move out in a week. I may have done the first two months of an interior design degree 14 years ago, but it's still a challenge.

I've started how I always start, by buying a pile of interiors magazines and ripping out pictures I like the look of. Unfortunately the mark up on magazines out here mean 'a pile of interiors magazines' comes to a small fortune, so i've already used up about 20 per cent of my decorating budget.
I used the magazine pages to form a series of 'mood boards'. I love nothing better than a mood board.  Here's mine in all it's majesty:



N says he doesn't care what it looks like, so I can do whatever I like. I think he'll change his tune when he sees the pastel pink paint going up, but it'll be too late then.

No comments:

Post a Comment