Monday 18 April 2011

London

Today I am mostly excited about my trip back to London in May. I am planning it, like I do all things, like a military operation. I've already booked in a book club meeting, a trip to the theatre, a museum visit, a hair cut, lunches, days out. I need to soak up some culture,
spend time with friends and family, squeeze small ginger people, drink alcohol without first having to produce my passport and a bankers draft. I look forward to shops with doors that open onto the street, flats the size of the average Qatar car, water straight from the tap, public transport, pavements. I'm gonna go running in the park, buy three for two in Waterstones, read the Observer magazine, attempt the crossword, give up on the crossword. There'll be too many people, too much choice, too much rain, too little time.

Ahhh London I miss you. 24 days and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment