Monday 3 January 2011

ARRGGHHHH! LISTS!

After two weeks of almost non stop dress shopping, I am still no closer to deciding what I’m going to wear. If anything, I’m more confused than ever. N, on the other hand, has bought his suit. After one shopping trip. In one shop. In the same shopping trip he also managed to choose and order his wedding ring. That’s him pretty much sorted.

In contrast, I seem to be spiralling out of control. I think my problem is I make too many lists. Lists should be de-stressing – a way to bring order to brain mess. But perhaps there comes a point when the
list is so long it exacerbates the problem, creating even more brain mess. My list making has reached critical mess.

Here is my list for this week. Handily arranged into days:

Monday 3 January

Choose wedding rings
Choose wedding outfits
Book haircut
Book spray tan
Book mani/pedi
Arrange to see my Dad
Choose a reading for the wedding
Buy thank you notes and stamps
Write blog
Go for a run

Tuesday 4 January

Travel to Oxford
Find florist – choose if having bouquet
Find someone in Oxford to do something with my hair on day
Find somewhere to have reception
Visit ceremony venue to finalise ceremony
Meet caterer to discuss catering
Visit hotel – check not weird
Find venue for pre wedding get together
Decide on music requirements for reception
Write blog
Go for a run

Wednesday 5 January

Email photographer to check whether she can actually do it
Perhaps find new photographer
Return unsuccessful wedding dresses
Arrange chat with new boss
Tell cleaner I’m leaving the country
Visit selection of vintage dress shops in last ditch attempt to find a dress
Give up on finding a dress
Write blog
Go for a run

Thursday 6 January

Go to work
Apply for international drivers license
Arrange for post to be diverted to Qatar
Get spare keys cut
Collect coat from dry cleaners
Get many passport photos
Send out updated invites – hopefully with reception details
Take down xmas decorations
Meet up with Dad
Write blog
Go for a run

Friday 7 January

Go to work
Start to finish up work, clear draws etc…
Have hair cut
Attend work leaving do
Write blog
Go for a run

I have to admit I spend longer writing and arranging my lists than I do achieving any of the tasks on them. In the morning I review the lists. I then panic about what’s on the lists. I then try and achieve a couple of the things on the lists, before giving up and crying. After some encouraging words from N and a couple of anti anxiety tablets I review the lists again. Then I go shopping. At the end of the day I redistribute all the tasks I haven’t achieved onto other days on the list, before going to bed to lie awake for hours worrying, followed by fitful sleep and anxiety dreams.

Running regime starts tomorrow.




1 comment: