Friday 28 January 2011

Losing touch with reality

Well - fewer than two weeks in and it's already happening- I am losing touch with reality.
Today I went to the Qatar Motor Show. I walked in as someone who was thinking about getting a cheap car out of necessity, I walked out as someone who thought they could justify buying one of
these gas guzzling beauties:

 This Merc was my favourite.
 But what about this Grand Cherokee?


Sorry this photo is off centre - just out of shot was some bratty rich kid sprawling across the bonnet - i didn't want him ruining it.

I've also been checking out the fancy pads of some of my new chums. Apartments in Qatar are just HUGE. When I arrived in my super plush hotel suite, which is twice the size of my London flat, I literally jumped for joy, but now i've seen how everyone else lives, i'm feeling a bit hard done by. I'm sorry to say I have recently heard myself utter the words "our place only has an indoor pool" and "I can't spend the next two months in an apartment without a balcony".  Luckily N is here ensuring I keep it real by uttering words like "we don't need a Jeep Grand Cherokee" and  "I've bought some washing up liquid".



No comments:

Post a Comment