Wednesday 19 January 2011

We don't go far in Doha

We’re on day three and so far N and I haven’t had the courage, or energy, to venture far. Up to now we had been keeping to a triangle of three buildings, all within 100 yards of each other: work-hotel-shopping mall. But in a shock move, this evening we branched out and went for dinner at the hotel next door. I
ordered an unexpectedly strong Singapore Sling cocktail and now can’t see straight.

I also spent some time this evening going through the lovely photos my photographer took of our wedding. I laughed and cried as I went through them, it was like being at the wedding all over again.

Meanwhile my Doha wardrobe crisis continues I’m afraid. I’m currently wearing leopard print trousers with a jumper with a picture of Bambi on it – a potentially fatal clash of predator and prey. At work I wore a top that was two sizes too big and looked like a big pink tent. My fashion boat is adrift at sea. Rudderless. When the weekend arrives I’m going to hit the shops HARD before I (further) embarrass myself. 

2 comments:

  1. You've got the weekend to explore! Just not too many Singapore Slings, otherwise you won't remember what you've discovered.

    Glad you laughed, sorry I made you cry!

    Shop! Quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve- I have never seen you look anything other than beautiful and I'm sure the people of Doha would agree so don't worry about clothes cos you have a way or wearing anything very well indeed! Lots of love to you and hubby!! Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete