Monday 10 January 2011

High achieving

Today I was like a machine: diverting post, getting spare keys cut, cancelling Sky, Virgin broadband, TV licence… Rather unexpectedly the call centre people I spoke to were delightful. There’s a lovely little call centre somewhere in Scotland full of very helpful and jolly people who are just thrilled about my adventure. I salute you helpful and jolly call centre people. 

I’m pleased to report that the exercise regime finally started today. I told my trainer in the gym that I


needed to lose 10lbs by Saturday – he said we should start by losing 4lbs today – and proceeded to destroy every muscle in my body. He recommended that I avoid all carbs and booze until the big day. I then went to my friends house and had shepherds pie and half a bottle of wine. I am weak.

And my drivers license came today at long last. I had sent in a picture of me looking sort of normal, when it came back I looked like a murderer. They must have a special machine for doing that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment